Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need 84 GS750EF right hand side cover which models will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need 84 GS750EF right hand side cover which models will fit?

I need a right hand side cover for an '84 GS750EF, blue and I've been having a hard time finding one, does any of the other GS's such as the E or ES have the same side cover? Which years will fit? Can I just take the left side cover to a plastics workshop and get them to mirror it? Any suggestions on where to go?

Covers from a 83-86 should be the same. There is a right for sale on Ebay. What is wrong with yours?
    Kevan

Comment

If the cover stops about where the passenger portion of the seat starts you need and '83 cover. If it extends all the way to the tail piece an '85 700 or 750 cover will fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
        If the cover stops about where the passenger portion of the seat starts you need and '83 cover. If it extends all the way to the tail piece an '85 700 or 750 cover will fit.
        I'm glad you clarified that for him. I made the mistake of thinking '83 and '85s were the same several years ago.

Comment

My right hand side cover is missing. When I transported it on a back of a truck the front post was broken so I guess the wind caught it and stripped it off the bike. What a bummer!!! It's weird I've emailed like a hundred places, and no luck. What gives? is this a super rare bike or something? All it is, is a gs750e with a full fairing, hence the EF designation. I think the ES was "sport" model or quarter fairing. DOes anyone else own this bike?

Comment

No kevan, its the one that goes all the way to the back. The 84 gs740es pictured on ebay is the right stype up front but it then goes to the rear of the bike. Does anyone know if the '83 or '85 mounting points are the same? If they are I could just mount an '83 or '85 side cover on there and paint them. Or if they are white just use a heat gun to peel off the stickers and keep them white. Thanks alot guys for your responses.

Comment

An '85 700 cover should fit. Stock they came white with either red or blue panels with a black stripe above the panel. The mounting tabs should be correct for your bike since the '83 750 and the '85 700 shared the same frame. Here is a link to an '85 700 photo so you can check out the panels, https://www.aboutstreetbikes.com/cat...s700e/pic1.htm.

Comment

Working...
              X