Float bowl B32S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float bowl B32S

I'm working on my new-to-me '82 GS850G, trying to get it to run. One step is to replace old gasoline. I pulled the carbs to get access to the drain plugs. One drain plug screw came out very reluctantly, despite great care. (I have some prior experience working with aluminum and zinc castings.) The float bowl drain plug threads were stripped by some previous owner. The drain plug appears to have been held in by JB Weld or something similar.

I could make it work again the same way, but my moral principles scream at the idea. Does anyone have a spare float bowl from a junk carb?

As a humorous aside, I once worked as technical liaison between Firestone's corporate offices and its international factories. Rubber was usually mixed in machines called "Banburies", powered by 500 HP electric motors. Two rotors knead the rubber and other ingredients back and forth so fiercely that mixing friction heats 400 pounds of rubber to 350 degrees in only two minutes. Abrasion is great, so the rotors are coated with Stellite. One factory had a machine so old that a rotor was beginning to fall apart. Local management didn't want to spend the money for a good fix, and had the plant engineer ask us for permission to repair the rotor with JB Weld! From Stellite to JB Weld. Oh, well, you had to be there.

Tom
    Last edited by themess; 02-08-2006, 08:31 PM.
    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

If worse come to worse,could you tap it out and find a bolt with washer to fit it?Never tried it but sounds functionable,if it doesnt leak.

Comment

Better than JB weld.

But I'd be surprised if a float bowl isn't available. Thanks for the idea.

tom
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

try the dealer or bike bandit.com

Comment

I can relate to your to your rotor repair, we repaired the banbery machines for national oring in california. and loctite works well alsoon armatures.

Comment

The float bowl doesn't have a separate part number from the entire carburetor, and the entire carburetor is discontinued from Bike Bandit. So used it must be. Or tapped out, in which case the sealing O-ring is not likely to fit. Or, God forbid, more goo to seal it.

Tom
            sigpic[Tom]

Comment

I dont have any BS32 carbs, but I do have some spare BS 34's. I am guessing that the float bowls on all CV carbs are likely the same. If you can scan a float bowl gasket and email it to me as a jpeg, I will check to see if the gasket is the same as it is on my 34's. If its a match, I'll get a new bowl coming atcha.

Just PM me.

Earl
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

float bowls

I've got a spare float bowl for a BS32. Will need some cleaning. Let me know if you still need one.
                80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

I now have a good float bowl, thanks to members of GSR.

Tom
                  sigpic[Tom]

Comment

32,34,36 all use the same float bowl

Comment

Working...
                    X