any 750 guys gone to 530 chain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any 750 guys gone to 530 chain ?

I see alot of write ups for 1100 guys going to a 530 , how about the 750 guys ? I currently have a 41 rear and assume a 15 front and see many suggest upping the gear size for clearance and chain life. Curious to
    what gear combo's you have tried and what model the gears where based
    on (ie 1990 kat or ?)
    Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2006, 12:42 AM.

I won't try and guide you expertly on this, because I'm no expert. But I had the Suzuki dealer do the 530 coversion on my old 750. Just gathering on the info from the resources here I can tell you that the biggest advantage to switching from 630 to 530 is the weight loss. When I put a new chain and sprocket on my 1100 last year I stuck with the 630. It still goes plenty fast for me.

Brad tt

Comment

I just checked on the conversion with Steve at Z1 Enterprises this week. He said using 49/18 sprokets will approximate the stock gearing and require a 116 link chain.

Comment

Originally posted by bj
        I just checked on the conversion with Steve at Z1 Enterprises this week. He said using 49/18 sprokets will approximate the stock gearing and require a 116 link chain.
        The same place Jeff is from ? I'll have to check with them.

Comment

You could go to 520 if you wanted to. My 700 came with 530 and I switched to 520. All the specs are the same for 520 and 530 except chain width. I got a set of Vortex sprockets and a gold Regina chain as a set off of Ebay. I think I paid about $150. So far this is the best set I've ever had as far as wear.

Comment

Originally posted by rckrzy1
            The same place Jeff is from ? I'll have to check with them.
            Same last name. I think Steve might be Jeff's son. Not sure.

Comment

Steve is my son - he works for Z1 Enterprises full-time - as does my wife Debbie. We also have a couple of other people helping out - Ned on the web site and Tim occasionally on mechanical work.

Comment

Working...
              X