Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of quickies...

I just have a couple of quick simple questions:

1) I need to change my oil, and while I realize it's not brain surgery, I'd like to have the instructions to fall back on. If someone has the manual for my bike ( '80 GS550L ), and would be kind enough to scan the pages up and send them I'd be *HUGELY* appreciative!

2) I know this is a power issue of some sort: When I use either of my breaks or the turn signals, my headlights *visibly* dim. A lot. I'm not afraid of a multimeter, and pretty sure I know how to use one. What I *don't* know, is where to start....

Any and all assistance on either would be just super-
    Thanx in advance,
    revdc5

try cleaning all earth connections first,allways change oil when hot and bike is level to get all old oil out!good idea to remove sump and clean mesh screen too,use new gasket also!

Comment

revdc5,
      Do all the above. Find every ground wire you can and clean the heck out of it and its connecting point. Use new screws where you can and then after they are all clean cover them with liquid tape. You can get it at Home depot. Its like covering it all with electical tape but much nicer and will keep the water out forever BUT it is easy to remove should you need. Cant help with the owners manual.

Comment

Look especially hard at the bulb sockets, brass has a bad tendency to tarnish. Even a little tarnish hurts alot. :P

Comment

Never liked a quickey Check to make sure that you have
          12 V at the headlight also check the grounds. You may want to just add another ground to the headlight circuit. 4-5 wires from the front of the bike connect to one wire and to ground Not the best connections. Also check resistance of the fuse holder connections and the fuses themselves. Mine has the same problem voltage at the headlight is low, only 10V Something to fix this winter.

Comment

Working...
          X