Needed: Motor Mount Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed: Motor Mount Bolt

I am looking for a front motor mount bolt for a 1980 GS 1100E. The long bolt. If you have one i can buy from you E Mail me please. Thanks, Rich

Saw a motor-mount bolt/bracket set on ebay yesterday...look under parts-Suzuki GS1000
    Hugh

Comment

Can you measure it, please?

I bet bolts from a lot of other models would fit, and I bet a lot of us have these lying around our garages. Me, for example. But we'll need a few measurements to verify.

In case anyone was wondering, you measure the length of a bolt from UNDER the head to the tip. You measure the diameter of a bolt across the threads (this is probably a 12mm diameter bolt, but PLEASE measure. "About 1/2 inch" doesn't tell us much.).

In other words, the thickness or diameter of the bolt head is not important, so do not include it in the measurements.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Rich (pokeneye),
        I think I MIGHT have a spare in my stash at home.
        I'll dig around...might take a day or two.

If I find it...it's yours for the cost of shipping only.
        Do you need the motor mounts also?

- Ted

Comment

Bolt

I just need the bolt and nut. Head snapped right off clean. It almost looks like there was a defect in the steel. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks for the help, Rich

Comment

Take the broken bolt to a hardware store. They will probably have metric replacements. That's what I did when I needed a couple of motor mount bolts. It's just hardware.

Comment

Working...
            X