1983 Gs750es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 Gs750es

The link below is to an earlier thread where I believe we came to the conclusion that the engine in this bike is from an 83 Katana(?).

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

We are about to change the sprockets and chain, can anyone tell me if the stock front sprocket for a 1983 GS750ES is the same as the Katana?

As far as fitment yes, tooth count could be different though.

Comment

So I guess we should count teeth on the existing sprockets?

Comment

Originally posted by jlmoulto
        So I guess we should count teeth on the existing sprockets?
        Yup. As far as output shaft configuration goes you can run sprockets even from late model GSXR's.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

As a follow-up, in ordering the chain, what tensile strength should I be looking at?

SOme are listed at around 8000 while others are 10,000 and greater.

Also, is this an O-ring chain or something else or does it matter?

(Excuse the ignorance on my part!)

Comment

Get the highest tensile strength you can. Go with a sealed ring chain whether it's o-ring, x-ring, or some other ring type. Anodized side plates can add a nice touch and are easy to keep looking good. Go with a larger front sprocket than stock to give the chain an easier path around the front sprocket. Then figure out how many teeth you need on the rear to keep your ratio about where you want it.

Comment

Working...
            X