Busa Front end on a 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busa Front end on a 1100

I've located a Busa front end (complete) which i have considered using to replace the stock front end on my GS1100ES. I've read that some of the newer triple trees won't bolt up, and need some work to make them fit. How difficult is this? Is it a matter of simply replacing the stems, or do i have to go further in my work.

As a side note, could a different set of triple trees (compatible with my bike, and with USD forks) simply be substituted?

If you do a search you will find alot of info on this. I would not fool around with the Busa front end if for no other reason the stem and speedo issue. Try to go with a 1991-1995 GSXR 600 or 750 forks and lower triples (50mm stuff). Then score a set of Honda 954 upper triples that give you additional ground clearnace and maybe a set of TLS handlebars (50mm) which will give you additional 'rise'.

If you don't feel like mixing and matching just go with the basic:

1991 - 1995 GSXR 600 or 750 - 50mm stuff
    1991 - 1994 GSXR 1100 - 52mm stuff
    1995 - 1998 GSXR 1100 - 50mm stuff

These wont give you steering bearing proplems like the Hayabuse TL and 1996 and later GSXR Stuff will. As a bonus scoring some 954 triples and TLS handlebars will make thing a little more comfortable and give a little more ground clearance. But you can still get by with the above. Alot of way to go just try to keep in mind your fork tube size when getting the addtitinal things such as triples and handlebars.

Also bug the hell out of member xDUKEx I owe him big for his assistance.
    Good Luck it can be an adventure - Mike

Comment

BTW, I like the TLS handlebars (50mm) because you can mount them below the top triple tree and not lose any additional ground clearnace AND since the clipons have a nice amount of 'rise' to them its a little more comfortable. But if your still use to a sportbike feel, the standard handlebars that come with the early GSXR's may be to your liking.

Comment

Member xDUKEx sells ready to go front ends complete

Comment

The newer front ends use roller bearing instead of tapered. You can change steering head races to accept the roller bearings.

Comment

Working...
          X