Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool pouch strap question (real dumb)

Guys,
    How the heck does the tool pouch strap attach to the hooks inside the rear compartment. I only see one hook? If someone can post up a pic, that would be awesome!
    Rich

Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2006, 12:03 PM.

Thats easy,ya buy a leather tool pouch and attach it to your front forks.....looks better anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy
      Thats easy,ya buy a leather tool pouch and attach it to your front forks.....looks better anyway!!

I have a GS, not a Harley.

Comment

I have a gs also but like to carry more tools than the little compartment under my seat can hold.I wasnt refering to any bike in particular,just an idea thats all.I have a fairing on my bike so i bought a leather tool pouch to go on the back under my luggage rack,it also looks good there.I always need more tools than I can carry anyway!

Comment

The hooks are set up differently on my bike, but looking at your picture I would try this:

Look or feel under the indentation in the front of the tool carrier to see if a hook is submerged in there out of sight. You may have to lift the carrier a bit if you can.

tconroy, do you have one of those neat leather toolbags with "Steal Me" printed on it. Some come without the printing, but as you said, it looks good so it shouldn't escape notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocks
            The hooks are set up differently on my bike, but looking at your picture I would try this:

Look or feel under the indentation in the front of the tool carrier to see if a hook is submerged in there out of sight. You may have to lift the carrier a bit if you can.

tconroy, do you have one of those neat leather toolbags with "Steal Me" printed on it. Some come without the printing, but as you said, it looks good so it shouldn't escape notice.
            I tried that. Under the "indentation" is a straight tab about .125" long. If you hook the rubber strap there, and pull to connect to the other hook, the strap immediately comes undone. There is no "hook" on that tab. I am real confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam
              I have a GS, not a Harley.
              My GS can handle a tool pouch better than a Harley.

Comment

No mine doesnt say steel me,but if I know Im in a place where that might happen I take it off and put it in my fairing that locks.

Comment

Working...
                X