Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel inlet damaged

'81 gs750l

replacing all the o-rings and cleaning everything else...bought o-rings from forum recommended guy, sorry dont remember his name but I am VERY pleased with them

anyway i am pulling these fuel inlets out.....all of them have been very tough to get out but was able to remove with some minor scraping of the side. The third one ended up distorted and the needle valve wont fit in it anymore much less slide. Can this just be drilled out to be round again? if not, where can i find replacements?

thanks, you guys are great!

Ed.

Originally posted by edsjr
    '81 gs750l

replacing all the o-rings and cleaning everything else...bought o-rings from forum recommended guy, sorry dont remember his name but I am VERY pleased with them

anyway i am pulling these fuel inlets out.....all of them have been very tough to get out but was able to remove with some minor scraping of the side. The third one ended up distorted and the needle valve wont fit in it anymore much less slide. Can this just be drilled out to be round again? if not, where can i find replacements?

thanks, you guys are great!

Ed.
    At this point try to do what you can to straighten it so the seat will fit. It's going to have to turn out smooth and round so the o-ring doesn't leak. If it ends up a mess try J-B weld to cement the seat in place. Otherwise you're looking at a new carb body.

Comment

IF You are talking about the needle seat-The part the O ring goes on
      I have some used ones send a PM

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
        IF You are talking about the needle seat-The part the O ring goes on
        I have some used ones send a PM
        After re-reading I believe it must be a seat that got mangled. For some reason I was picturing the fuel port where the seat fits.

Comment

yes it is the seat....

Comment

Lynn has you covered.

Comment

Working...
            X