Oil cooler for 81 GS1000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil cooler for 81 GS1000G

It's hot here in Oz, and will get hotter as summer progresses. (Today was 95 degrees and it's only early November.) So I am thinking of an oil cooler.

The 81 model doesn't have the plugs each side of the filter cover. And I have heard of coolers with a take-off fitting to replace the filter cover or to replace the pressure switch cover.

I've also searched this site and have read everything I can find on oil coolers (including the old FAQ). Trouble is, there's nothing about fitting them to this motor, nothing about where to buy the bits to make one up, no pics of anyone else's work. I think changes to the forum software have meant that a lot of earlier postings are no longer available.

So, who has done the conversion?
    How did you do it?
    Do you have pics for this highly visual NLP type?

Any advice and discussion is welcome.

Kim

Do a search on author brs127s he has done a lot of work on his oil cooler and documented really well. I have made an oil cooler adapter for my gs1000e which I think is the same as yours. So if you would like some pictures I could send some to you. I searched and searched the internet for a adapter but could not fine one. So I built one. Hope this helps.

Chris D

Comment

I also have a 1979 GS 1000 G and looked for an oil cooler, did not found yet how to proceed. Let me know if you find anything...
      OLivier

Comment

Check http://www.earls.co.uk/direct/09_special_takeoffs.html They show an adapter available for oil cooler hookup for the early GS1000 the rest is easy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris D
          Do a search on author brs127s he has done a lot of work on his oil cooler and documented really well. I have made an oil cooler adapter for my gs1000e which I think is the same as yours. So if you would like some pictures I could send some to you. I searched and searched the internet for a adapter but could not fine one. So I built one. Hope this helps.

Chris D
          Hi Chris,

I've just sent you a PM about this. I saw in a different post that you have pics to send, then I got back to this thread.

Kim

Comment

Olivier

Is it the same adaptator for GS 1000 and GS 1000 G?
            Thank you.
            Olivier

Comment

Re: Olivier

Originally posted by Olivier
              Is it the same adaptator for GS 1000 and GS 1000 G?
              Thank you.
              Olivier
              yes it is, Olivier.

Comment

Working...
              X