Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1982 GS550M Kat Ignition wiring Diagram.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS550M Kat Ignition wiring Diagram.

I have been looking EVERYwhere for a 1982 GS550M wiring diagram so I can see what colour wires the CDI needs. Becuase I am using the same harness for the GSX600F CDI.

I have a 1992 Katana engine, independantly in a frame. With a battery and ignition switch. I bought a CDI for it. I have coils off a GS550M so now I and trying to figure out wiring digarams to be able to start the engine indepentantly and smoothly. I have a few problems after looking at the diagram.

1. I do not have the harness on the CDI box just a box with 8 pins and 4 pins.
    2. My wiring diagram shows 7 wires but this CDI has 12 pins. So I dont know which pin is what colour and where it goes.
    3. The harness of my signal generator is different than the harness on the cdi. but the colours look to be the same:
    1. Blue
    2. Yellow
    3. Green (This one is not in the diagram)
    The cdi is from a 1997 Katana. I thought 1992 and 1997 were the same.
    4. I see a wire goes to a tach. I do not know why from the CDI a wire would go to a tach but I dont have the Tach for this bike.

I have a GS550M harness, the wires from the CDI on this are the following colours.
    1. Orange w/ White
    2. White
    3. Black w/ Yellow
    4. Green w/ white
    5. Black w/ Blue
    6. Brown.

I already know what 3 of these do with out a diagram.
    The coils are the following:
    1. Orange w/ White
    2. White
    3. Black w/ Yellow
    4. Orange w/ White

So the first 3 for the CDI are figured out. And orange w/ white is just spliced.

So I know one of these has to be ground. And the other two signal generator?

I dont know how the GS550 M Katana is but I have to get a diagram for it to see what the other 3 wires do. from the CDI!

For now. Look at this diagram. Right click save as 500kb

When downloaded zoom in if you have to and use the legend I created at the top to corrospond the colours. (colors)

Anyways. I need someone to take a photo of their harness off a Pre-98 GSX600F for me so I dont have to spend $$$ on a new harness I may as well just get a picture of a harness then tap into each pin.

If anyone has an old Pre-98 GSX600F harness around let me know ill pay the shipping or something for it. I just need the CDI attachment, perhaps the alternator harness as well, but its only two wires i should figure it out easily.

Thanks alot everyone

I cant wait to fire this engine up.

wiring diagram

colin Pm me your email address and I will send you A copy of the diagram I wont be able to scan it until tomorrow evening as I have to take it to A friends house who has A scanner

newbomb

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall,
    Torque is how far you go through it......

Comment

Originally posted by newbomb
      colin Pm me your email address and I will send you A copy of the diagram I wont be able to scan it until tomorrow evening as I have to take it to A friends house who has A scanner

newbomb

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall,
      Torque is how far you go through it......

Thanks you got a PM

Comment

electric diagram from gs550t

if you are intresting for electrical diagram of GS550T '81 just sent me a mail.
        kokar@in.gr.

Comment

Working...
        X