Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 disc diameters

Hey,

Can someone tell me where I can possibly find front brake rotor diameters? I just bought some 83 calipers for GS750 and apparently the dual discs I have are too large. Did Suzuki vary disc diameter between years??

Thanks,
    Greg.

I'm not sure there was a variance in rotor diameters. I do know there was a difference in thickness and starting in 1980 they were thinner.

What year 750 do you need rotors for?

Originally posted by Cappy
    Hey,

Can someone tell me where I can possibly find front brake rotor diameters? I just bought some 83 calipers for GS750 and apparently the dual discs I have are too large. Did Suzuki vary disc diameter between years??

Thanks,
    Greg.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

gs750 1983

Gs750 1983es

Comment

Fork part numbers

Ok, I have part numbers on each fork leg. The base number S184-0 and MK-1L (left) and MK-1R (right). The discs are 275mm in diameter. The calipers are from a 83 GS750. It appears the disc is about 5mm too big on the radius, 10mm on the diameter. My question is: Did Suzuki change there brake caliper mounts during the 80's for the rectanglar style brake pad or did they change the disc diameter? If I can't locate the correct disc diameter, I am thinking about turning down the discs to clear the caliper.

Help!

Thanks,
        Greg.

Comment

I'm puzzled. You say you have an 83 GS 750. You bought calipers for an 83 GS 750. The stock 83 rotors that were already on the bike now dont fit???

Earl

Originally posted by Cappy
          Gs750 1983es
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Good question

Apparently I don't know what I have. Maybe a digital photo would help. I beleive I have the following:

GS750 forks (37mm tubes) anti-dive and damper adjust up top. Axle mounts inline (not leading style) Year unknown (early 80's)

GS750 front mag 19" with 275mm discs. (early 80's)

GS750 83' brake calipers with brackets. square style pads.

Comment

Working...
            X