pinion shaft seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pinion shaft seal

Does the shaft oil seal for your clutch pinion shaft(the one below the release arm) go on from the top or do you have to take the clutch cover off? it looks like it could just go over the pinion shaft and tap in to the clutch cover.Please help!!

Yes it does go on from the top so you don't have to take the cover off.

Comment

Originally posted by JayH
      Yes it does go on from the top so you don't have to take the cover off.
      Nesxt question....How or what do you use to take it out?

Comment

Make note of the orentation of the clutch arm, remove it. Using a small screwdriver you should be able to pry it out

Comment

[QUOTE=SqDancerLynn1]Make note of the orentation of the clutch arm, remove it. Using a small screwdriver you should be able to pry it out Thanks lynn,now all I got to do is come up with more parts to order.I would hate to place an order for just one part that only cost $1.85!!!!!!!!

Comment

Order a bunch of oil filters and oil filter o-rings. The Suzuki o-rings seem to fit so much better than the ones that come with aftermarket filters.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer
              Order a bunch of oil filters and oil filter o-rings. The Suzuki o-rings seem to fit so much better than the ones that come with aftermarket filters.
              Hey thats sounds good!Why did'nt I think of that?And maybe a clutch cable and,or choke cable too!

Comment

Hey guys, I searched the site for an answer and this is the closest I got to my problem. I need to replace the seal SKU: 09285-12002 OIL SEAL and bearing SKU: 09263-15012 BEARING to the clutch pinion shaft on a 650GL 1983. It is leaking. what tool do I use? From this thread I understand that I don't need to remove the clutch cover, but how do I pull the shaft out? And how do I insert the new parts? I dont want to damage the clutch cover or bend the pinion shaft.

Comment

Still need help, PLEASE

What do I use? I need to do it before the weekend, please...

Comment

If you are planning to replace the brg too, I think you will have to remove the cover.

Comment

Ok, not a problem. I had the cover off to replace the clutch springs, so its easy to do. Once I had it off, I could not figure how to remove the seal, the bearing or the shaft. I tried to gently tap on the shaft from the inside, but that didn't do it. All I want to do is NOT break the cover.

Comment

You have to get a long, thin punch and beat the holy effing schnitz out of it from the bottom. The seal and bearing are both held in by friction. Heat from a heat gun might help.

At least that's what worked on my 850. Not sure if the 650's setup is similar.

I'm also not sure why my unrelated comment about oil filter o-rings is there, but I'll chalk it up to cosmic rays and database rot.
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

thanks for the comfirmation. I thought that was going to be the procedure, but hoped for an easier way. I guess I will get to it tomorrow and hope not to break anything. Including personal body parts.

Comment

Just make sure you're very... thoughtful about how you brace the clutch cover.
                            Eat more venison.

Comment

Working...
                            X