Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhausts Query 2

Hello again,
    Anyone know where I can get my Vance & Hines Exhaust rechromed around the North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool area, im starting to get fed up of having to paint them once a month

Once a month? What paint are you using? Can you get VHT there?

Comment

I have seen VHT on ebay is it any good? the paint i use is a high temp brush on paint bought from the local auto shop. I forget what its called.

Comment

I cannot speak of the longevity yet, but it sure is a hard finish. The can says 1400 to 2000 degrees F.

Comment

I would have it ceramic coated if I were you. The ceramic coat will last forever and looks good too.

Comment

Try this place, http://www.techlinecoatings.com/Exhaust.htm . Best of all this stuff air cures and withstands up to 2000 degrees.

Comment

Thanks I will give it a try the next time they need doing. Spent all day today and last night spraying the headers with some spray I got from work its rated at 550oc so I will keep you posted as to the quality of the paint. When I have time I will take some photos of my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by williamhughjones
                Hello again,
                Anyone know where I can get my Vance & Hines Exhaust rechromed around the North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool area, im starting to get fed up of having to paint them once a month
                Hi,

I have used Niphos of Crewe for plating, with good results on my GS750.

Ring 01270 214081

Ask for Richard.

Footy.

Comment

Working...
                X