What are these PART #'s for? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these PART #'s for? Help

Can anyone help me. I have a cylinder that is supposed to fit a 1983/84 GS750 E. The part number is 11210-31308. It is NOS and still in the Suzuki box, when I talked to the Suzuki dealer they said the parnumber for my bike is 11210-31306 and the above number shows up as invalid. I have two pistons that are supposed to fit the same bike with part numbers 12111-31306 but they show up as invalid. Anyone have any ideas?

Punch in the part numbers on http;//www.RonAyers.com .

The first two part numbers show up as "discontinued", which simply means that Suzuki no longer sells that part. It doesn't mean the part number is invalid, it simply means you can't order a new one.

The last one shows up as a Suzuki Piston for $35.99.

If you need to figure out part numbers for discontinued parts, the best source for original part numbers is a microfiche for your bike, which you can get here: http://www.repairmanual.com . You can enter the original part number on RonAyers.com and it will tell you if the part is still available, has been superceded (replaced with an improved or cosmetically different part), or has been discontinued (no longer available.) If it's available, it will give you the Ron Ayers price.

In general, part numbers that vary by only the last digit are sometimes cosmetic or size variations on the same part, like black painted engines used on later models vs. identical unpainted parts from earlier models. Valve shims have consecutive part numbers, starting at 12892-45000 for 2.15mm, 12892-45001 for 2.20mm, etc.

They might also be totally different parts, so you can't count on that. Sometimes there's a pattern, but you can't try and read too much into Suzuki part numbers.

For example, in my GS850 microfiche, pistons and piston rings add three extra digits for the oversize versions, but just when you think there's a pattern, the 1mm oversize piston rings use a totally different part number.

There are several online microfiches where you can get actual part numbers. The problem is, they often don't give the number for discontinued parts, or if the original part has been superceded, they only give the new number.

Here's one:
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Suzuki NOS Cylinder GSX750 ES , GS750 ES , GS750 S Price: $134.08
      Sold Out

New Old Stock (NOS) Cylinder

For the following models:
      GSX750 ES GSX-750 ES GSX 750 ES - Years 1986 G
      GS750 ES GS-750 ES GS 750 ES - Years 1983 1986 D/G
      GS750 S GS-750 S GS 750 S - Years 1986 G

Part Number: #11210-31306
      I found this by doing a Google search for "11210-31306 Suzuki". It pulled up one hit to Anderson Vintage Parts, but the link was dead. The quote above was still in the Google cache, so it looks like you have the right part.

Suzuki NOS Piston 1.00mm Oversized GSX750 ES , GS700 E Price: $49.00
      Shipping: $7.50

New Old Stock (NOS) Piston 1.00mm Oversized

GS700 E GS-700 E GS 700 E - Years 1985 F

Part Number: #12111-31306-100
      Same method on Google found this in the Anderson Vintage Parts cache. If your part no. doesn't have the -100 suffix, this should indicate that the pistons are not oversized.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2006, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Using the Power of Google Cache, the part number you HAVE (11210- 3 1 3 0 8 ) comes up with this:

Suzuki NOS Cylinder GSX750 ES , GS750 ES , GS750 S New Old Stock (NOS) Cylinder

Part Number: #11210-31308

The other part number (blahblah06) is listed just below that with the EXACT same list of models it fits!

Hmmmm...

I'd guess maybe that they are simply cosmetic variations, or that the -08 part number has some obscure improvement that the -06 part number does not. Or maybe the -06 part number was superceded later on by an -08 number, but the -06 part will fit just fine.

I'd say chances are good that you'll be fine, but I would still order up a microfiche, or maybe someone here with the same bike will offer to look on theirs.
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

According to Alpha Sports, the 11210-31306 is the original part for the '83 750E. It was superseded by 11210-31307 which was superseded by 11210-31308 which has been discontinued. So all three parts should fit fine. Like Brian says, there are probably small, mainly cosmetic, differences between them.

Comment

Cool -- I never got Alpha Sports to work until I tried Firefox just now!

I didn't realize they were different than all the other fiche sites. You see the original part number, then it shows you the new part number. The dealer fiche sites run by Power Sports Network just delete discontinued part numbers.

They seem kinda spendy, though...
            Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.
            Eat more venison.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I found everything I need and ordered the parts. The Alpha Sports site was a great info help. Many of the parts had updated numbers. The old bike will be given a new life.

Comment

Sometimes when I click on the schematic I want, nothing happens, but if I right-click on it and select "Open in New Window" it works.

They are more expensive than the other sites, so I rarely buy from them. I feel bad about that since I frequently use their schematics because they have the real part numbers and show the supersede sequence.

Originally posted by bwringer
                Cool -- I never got Alpha Sports to work until I tried Firefox just now!

I didn't realize they were different than all the other fiche sites. You see the original part number, then it shows you the new part number. The dealer fiche sites run by Power Sports Network just delete discontinued part numbers.

http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

Comment

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Spendy - is that a west coast thing? Definately not Canadian - EH!

Comment

Working...
                  X