CPU fan cooling R/R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU fan cooling R/R

Thanks to Cajun Cycler and others for this idea. I replaced my Stator and R/R because they were both original and at 34,000 miles I figured I was riding on borrowed time. In the interest of keeping the R/R cooler (and hopefully lasting longer) I mounted a small 12 volt CPU fan on the R/R and wired it to a switched power lead. Here's a pic of the R/R with the CPU fan mounted:

IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Hey, NICE idea!! I have a few lying around (and the fairing doesn't do me any favors in this case). I'll have to do the same!

Regards,

Comment

My Stepfather says: "Never trust a man that doesn't have junk". I knew I'd find a use for those power supply fans from my old computers. Hmmmm maybe the cases could be used for tools...

Comment

Is the fan blowing or sucking?

Comment

Originally posted by mixongw
          Is the fan blowing or sucking?
          It is blowing. The fins are deep enough to allow the air to flow down and out across them. You can feel the air flow coming out at the ends of the fins.

Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy
            I mounted a small 12 volt CPU fan on the R/R and wired it to a switched power lead.
            Which wire did you use for 12v switched power?

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by humhead
              Which wire did you use for 12v switched power?

Terry
              I used the solid orange wire coming from the fuse box.............

Joe
              IBA# 24077
              '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Thanks for the info/picture......my R/R will be runnin' cooler this summer.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                X