battey overcharged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battey overcharged?

My battery reads 25 volts just sitting there in the bike. When I run it , it goes even a little higher. Is this normal. Electrical test shows regulator suspect. Can a battery retain excess charge due to regulator malfunction? Water level is Ok, battery is half year old. There is a little bit of brownish battery slime on the positive post/screw, just wondering if this might be due to overcharging. Thanks .

I think your meter is dead ???? CHeck it on your car battery

Comment

12.5 volts at rest would be in the normal range for the battery. 25 volts is impossible.

It sounds like you may be using an analog meter with a range doubler switch, and/or reading the wrong scale.

Comment

No way is that possible. As suggested, check your meter. Either something is wrong with your meter or you or reading it wrong.

Comment

Radio Shack sells a decent digital multimeter for minimal bucks.

Scud

Comment

You guys are right.!!

Slightly embaressed to admit that I was reading the meter wrong, it was on alternating current. Thanks for helpiing.

Comment

Originally posted by ezra
              Slightly embaressed to admit that I was reading the meter wrong, it was on alternating current. Thanks for helpiing.
              Another problem solved by the GSR gurus!

Comment

Working...
              X