No announcement yet.

Not GS but Suzuki tech question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If no intake leak, then I'd suspect the carb.
    I know you said it's clean, but many have said that before and found out they didn't do a good job the first time.
    Since the carb would be apart, I'd look up the correct float level and measure it.
    Then inspect the rubber diaphragm/piston/spring assembly. It must be supple. No holes or cracks, etc. I'd get an exploded view of the carb parts and compare them to what you have. Pay attention to the correct assembly order of all parts, especially the diaphragm asembly. Be sure the diaphragm is seated correctly too.
    Inspect the throttle plate for smooth action.
    Since you inherited the problem, the PO could have done anything to mess things up, or the bike may have sat awhile and the carbs needs a better cleaning or could have rubber parts in poor condition as I've said. It could have incorrect jets, etc.
    Some of this stuff I mention wouldn't cause a "shut down" as you describe, but if you have the carb apart, do a 100% job. Sky is the limit here when picking up a bike with a problem.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

OK. Just noticed you replied as I was typing. Sounds like no intake leak.
      As my last post said, I think a complete carb check should be done then. (As you've just said.) Good luck and let us know how it goes.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

It'll be a few weeks since i'm going on vacation and cash is a little short right now. i'll have it done by the end of the month though.

Comment

Have you tried swapping the coil for a known good one? Or when it stops, pull the plug and see if you still have a GOOD spark.Typical symptoms of a shot coil are starting and running when cold, then running rough, then stopping as the temp. of the coil rises. CDI's fail totally in my experience. Could be that and lean jetting. Rik

Comment

No suzuki GS models were built with CDI ignition systems.
            Earl :-)

Originally posted by rikusa
            CDI's fail totally in my experience. Could be that and lean jetting. Rik
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
            X