Need parts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need parts...

Hey guys! I haven't been here in awhile, so I've got a new screen name. I need to rebuild or relpace my carbs. Where can I get a rebuild kit for these carbs? Do I just have to order everything individually from bikebandit? Also what are a good set of relpacement carbs? What is the advantage of going with flatsides, and what ARE flatsides? Is there any performance benefit? Also I've got a supertrapp header now, and I need a can for it. Anybody got any recomendations?

I've been searching on here for awhile, and I haven't found the answers I'm needing...

Thanks guys!

There are CV type flatslides and flatslides such as Mikuni RS Flatslides that have mechanical slides and no butterfly in the carb. The throttle acts directly on the slide with no butterflies to interfere with flow. The RS flatslides are performance carbs. If you want to go with CV carbs the Slingshot carbs off of the late '80s or early '90s GSXRs are the way to go. Just do a little research on exactly which GSXR models had the Slingshots.

Flatslides have cube shaped slides rather than round slides. They give the fuel mixture a shorter path to the cylinders with less turbulence. http://scootrs.com/tech.cfm?tip=carbslide

One of these might be able to help with parts.
    http://www.sudco.com/
    http://www.carbparts.com/

Comment

Thanks for the info Billy! So you would recommend just going with the flatsides right? I will start looking for some of those. What size should I be looking for?

Thank ya much!

Comment

Carb Kit sources

I've found that the only carb kits available are from your local Parts Unlimited or TuckerRocky distributor. They aren't cheap but cost far less than buying piece meal through BikeBandit. I've got about 35K on my '83 GS750ES and have never bought a kit for it. I've removed the carbs at least twice cleaned and reassembled them with the original diaphrams, gaskets and o-rings if there were any in there. One or more float bowl gaskets was torn or stuck but since the gas level is below the gasket it doesn't really cause a problem. The real issue with these carbs is not the wear on the parts but the little bits of dirt and build-up on the parts. I found that its best to get something to soak them in, rinse them with water, blow them with compressed air and then hit 'em with a little aerosol cleaner. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

I was just taking another look at them. All I really need is a new set of pilots. I screwed two of them up while removing them. I guess I'll just order a new set of the pilot jets from bikebandit. All they really need is a good cleaning after that...Thanks a lot guys!

Oh yeah, any recommendations or part #'s for a muffler to hook on to the supertrapp?
          Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X