Wiring the condenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring the condenser

Ok... I think my condensers are grounded. I took the wires off that are connected to the points, then I got a phone call and when I went back to them I couldn't figure out where and how (in regards to the plastic insulators) the wires went. Can anyone help me out on this one? Thanks for all your help.

I've labled (A,B,C) the photo too for an easier explanation.

Hi Bex, I just took my points and condensers out today to install a Dyna S. When I saw your post I went to the trash can and pulled them out. Looks to me that you hav e the connection correct on the "C" labelled connection. Ray
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Thanks Ray. What are the plastic separators for (where the condensor connects to the points), to protect the coil (on the points) from ware or to insulate the points from ground? Thanks

Comment

Bex, Do you mean the brown colored washers? They are there to insulate the points plate from the hot side of the connection to the coil and condenser. The currecnt flows thru the spring to one side of the point set. The rest of the point set is all grounded. If you are talking about the clear plastic at the terminal, I believe they insulate the fastener from the surrounding grounded material. Both connections should be clamped together and insulated from the surrounding metal. Ray
        "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
        GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
        1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
        1979 GS1000SN The new hope
        1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Forget that last question... Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X