No announcement yet.

"Stuck" removing secondary drive unit - 1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That tire is at LEAST three or four years old and has been sitting unused, Jon. With all the concern we're hearing these days about tire breakdown over time, is it REALLY worth taking a chance?

I'd replace it just as a matter of cheap life insurance...

Regards,

Comment

Well,

I just ordered a Dunlop 491 for the back of my 750 because MAW had a $10 s/h special on Dunlop Tires last week. The total was $85 and I should have ordered two. However, even though this is a junky tire on the back, it will certainly pass inspection since there is no cracking and the tread is deep. I can worry about the tire after I get it going and legal.

Thanks for the input on the CS's-

-J
      16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
      13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
      78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
      Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
      02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
      12 Aprilia Shiver 750
      82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Youch!! So sorry to hear you spent good money on those losers over at MAW!! Those people suck the wad and they're not worth it, no matter how good the deal might be!!! Someday I might tell you what I really think (and I'm not the only one here who despises them)!!!!

Regards,

Comment

Well, lets hope I don't get screwed too bad. I heard something about slow shipping, so let's hope it is not any worse than that...

J

History book:
          12 Aprilia Shiver 750
          82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

I don't know if it's still here, but do a search for "avoid MAW like the plague," and you'll hear some horror stories about these losers... Luckily for you, there ARE a few people who have emerged unscathed...

Bottom line ... these folks are all about taking your money, providing NO customer service, and lying when the mood suits them (related to not wanting to provide customer service, especially when they've made a mistake)!

Good Luck!

Comment

Steve et al,

Well, I guess that I am one of the lucky ones. UPS delivered my Dunlop K491 from MAW on Friday and everything was right, including the size. Now, that one is for the 750. But, after talking with bwringer and wazz, I'll need a MT90-17 for the 1100. My local tire shop is having a decent sale, but I've got to make sure the 1100 runs and is worth keeping before I invest in a tire. My dealer's sale is equivalent to prices at tires unlimited anyway, so I am willing to wait and possibly eat the extra $10 in shipping vs. sales tax.

-j

History book:
              12 Aprilia Shiver 750
              82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Working...
              X