What Is Bent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is Bent?

I loosened everything that I was told to and straightended my forks and triple tree out. I could actually see where it moved back straight when I loosened the stem bolt. Well I torqued it all back to specs and it looks good. I rode it this afternoon and it still goes. right. Is something bent. Is there something else that would cause this, bad tire , weak spring etc. I am running out of money on this thing and just want it to be right with out spending too much more money. Please Help!
    Somebody must have been through this before.
    Thanks,

Re: What Is Bent?

Originally posted by mike94form
    I loosened everything that I was told to and straightended my forks and triple tree out. I could actually see where it moved back straight when I loosened the stem bolt. Well I torqued it all back to specs and it looks good. I rode it this afternoon and it still goes. right. Is something bent. Is there something else that would cause this, bad tire , weak spring etc. I am running out of money on this thing and just want it to be right with out spending too much more money. Please Help!
    Somebody must have been through this before.
    Thanks,
    Im late into this conversation but i remember Duncan saying something about stringing the frame to see of the front and rear tires are true.
    This is a website he sent to me months ago about chassis alignment. Maybe this can help???

Comment

I would guess that either the rear tire is misaligned or one handlebar is bent.

Comment

The handle bars are new. I am going to look into the rear wheel alignment tomorrow.
        Thanks

Comment

Alignment Helps!

For what it is worth, I had the same problem with my other bike ('75 Honda CB750). After reading the Wrenching with Rob article mentioned by Slopoke, I aligned my tires and found that the rear was NOT aligned with the front when the axle was aligned with the same marks on both sides of the swingarm. It was off by almost a full mark. 8O Checking the sprockets after I adjusted the wheel, I found them to be in line. After the adjustment, the bike handled MUCH better. 8)

I wanted to check and see if my swing arm is bent or something, but haven't had a chance. For now, it rides well, so I'm not too worried about it.

Comment

Working...
          X