weird electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ice109
    yea sure but not till monday cuz thats when i have class, i need to know about that other stuff, whether it's normal.
    OK, no fooling around....

Connect the scope AT THE LOW VOLTAGE side on one of the ignition coils + side.

If the pick up coils are OK, you should be able to see a square signal on the scope that frequency matches the revs. of the bike.

If the bike does not start, the signal is like 300 rpm divided to 60 = like 5 Hz.

If you can't see that signal, like only DC-Voltage, look into the pick-up coils, if you can see the signal as described look on the high Voltage side if there is any spark at all (maybe you can start with the spark check, if you havn't done that)

Comment

5 ohms isn't much resistance compared to 50-70. You'll have to get your answer from one of the engineers though. If it were a transistorized amp that had that big of a difference in what it was supposed to have in resistance from a speaker, and what it was actually presented with, the amp would probably clip and shut down.

Comment

Ice,

Your problem is that the bike doesn't start at all? correct?

Comment

well right now as i said in a different post i removed the whole wiring harness but before yet it would not start at all

Comment

well right now as i said in a different post i removed the whole wiring harness but before yet it would not start at all
            Do you have a spark on all plugs?

Are you able to do testing now?

Comment

i have not been able to do the testing of the plugs yet because my 5/8 plug socket doesn't fit and i have 0$ to get a deep socket set.

Comment

i have not been able to do the testing of the plugs yet because my 5/8 plug socket doesn't fit and i have 0$ to get a deep socket set.
                Ok, the 18mm socket is normally included in the bikes std. tool set, maybe you can borrow one.

Make a new post if you want to know something else.

Comment

can someone help me with r/r problem, too low resistance on A to E

Comment

can someone help me with r/r problem, too low resistance on A to E
                    If the GS500 has the same r/r as the GS 1150...

I think so, if not please tell me somebody.

You should have five connectors on the r/r from the left to the right, the first is DC ground -, the next thre are the AC-wires from the stator and the last is DC +.

If I understod you correct, you have too low resistance between DC + and DC -.

What readings do you have? both directions the same value?

According to my spec. the reading should be endless one way and 50-200 Ohms the other way.

Do you trust your ohm-meter?

Comment

yea i trust the ohmeter. the reason why i think my r/r is broken is cuz i rerigged the wiring system and it still doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X