Model identification Dutch GS1000L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model identification Dutch GS1000L

I am new in the forum and need a little help.
    I have a GS1000L sold in The Netherlands in june 1980. I think it is a 1979 model.
    I found the following numbers at the stearing head

Frame GS1000 706295
    E11 IOR-208-08

Engine GS1000 141988

In registration document: code 00SUZML10906295

I didn't find any other identification plates
    I also checked the info at suzukicycles.org with no result
    I know that there is an identification guide for all suzuki motorcycles, http://www.repairmanual.com/motorcycles/1978/62/7/5454
    perhaps one of you have one??

I love the bike that's why I am trying to get to know her better!!!\\/

Thanks in advance

welcome to the forums!
    well if it is a chain drive, it will be a 1979 bike, they only made the GS1000L one year, for 1980 it had the new 1100 16 valve engine.

Comment

Tanks Focus
      It is a chain drive, Then a '79 it is
      now I go to find the oil filter to change the oil, any suggestions about what brand of 10-40 should I use, the motorcycle oils are quite expensive, and I read a lot about the use of sg automotive oil, seems that there are a lot of different opinions (not that I want to revive an old dispute!!!!!):-D
      Because it has a kerker 4 in 1 (beautiful sound) I have to remove the exhaust to get the oil filter out. It's snowing now and a little cold to work outside, but Monday I need the bike to commute to my job and a man got to do........:?
      Greetz from a white Holland

Comment

Now you've done it....an oil question Here's a link to a GSR Poll that
        was done not long ago:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=87244

Comment

I know beby....I know.....
          old scars sometimes hurts [-o<

Comment

You can use a little lighter oil like 5W-40 or Synthetic if you are riding it in the winter!

Comment

Hey focus frenzy, I thought, just from memory the GS 1000 "L" was produced in "79" & "80", The model review, on this site shows it was produced in "79", "80", & "81". I thought all the "79"s were chain, the "80"s were either chain or shaft, & all the "81"s were shaft. I make a habit of being mistaken, but you & this site's imfo. are usually correct. Please straighten me out
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips
                Hey focus frenzy, I thought, just from memory the GS 1000 "L" was produced in "79" & "80", The model review, on this site shows it was produced in "79", "80", & "81". I thought all the "79"s were chain, the "80"s were either chain or shaft, & all the "81"s were shaft. I make a habit of being mistaken, but you & this site's imfo. are usually correct. Please straighten me out
                well the model info page has some errors, the gallery also has some errors as well, there is one bike listed on the page for 1980 listed as a 1000L but the picture is actualy of a 79 1000L
                for 80 and 81 there was a 1000GL shaft drive, 79 was the only year for a chain drive 1000L.

I could be mistaken but I have yet to see a CV carb equiped GS1000L chain drive, all of the ones I have seen pics of have slide carbs.

Comment

Hello Gekkechef, I have seen a pic of your bike on M-F and it's a '79 with the VM slide carbs.

Comment

Thenks robin, I think you are right.
                    mazzels

Comment

Working...
                    X