buzzzzzzzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buzzzzzzzzzz

Hello everyone, this year I started riding my gs1150e, with 20.000 miles.it has everything original, nothing is upgraded or modified, I realized when I am riding the bike going throught the gears when it gets to the fifth gear and I open the trottle, I get a buzzzz after lets say 60 0r 70 mph. before this, I rode my gs 1100e with four in one it semed like the 1100 was a faster bike and the trottle was endless the more you rolled the faster it went, any suggestions?

ard

A buzz? As in a vibration? Does it bog down?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

buzzz

Hi there, no, it does not bog down, but some how it feels like I am using all the power there is, and it is not going fast. I wonder if it has anything to do with the clutch. let me try to discribe this way; as I start the bike,- go in first gear very powerful, to a level, the buzz starts, go to second, smooth again goes to another level, the buzz starts, go to third gear smooth again to a level, buzzes again and so forth finaly fifth gear and meanwhile I am at 60-70 mph and I f I roll the trottle to the max (Which I could never do with my 1100E) feels like there is power but instead of the bike moving faster it generates the buzzzz. do I make any sense? let me know.

ard

Comment

buzzz

One other thing about this bike, in order to be able to ride this bike, I had to get the clutch plates from an old engine and install inthe 1150, because the it would not shift, I measured the thickness of the plated, they were thin, anf the plates that came out of the old engine (gs 1000G) was good so I used it. I am wondering now if that has anything to do with it.

ard

Comment

Hmmm, yeah maybe the clutch is slipping. If the revs go up without forward gain, it might be slipping. If I go wide open on my 1150, I had better be tucked and hanging on... massive power all the way to red line.
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by ard
            One other thing about this bike, in order to be able to ride this bike, I had to get the clutch plates from an old engine and install inthe 1150, because the it would not shift, I measured the thickness of the plated, they were thin, anf the plates that came out of the old engine (gs 1000G) was good so I used it. I am wondering now if that has anything to do with it.

ard
            The plates are the same for the 1000G and 1150. The service limit is 2.6mm (0.10 in.) thick on the drive plates
            Last edited by renobruce; 03-03-2006, 10:36 PM.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

plates

can I use Versah brand plates on this bike? or is the bike sensitive to aftermarket plates? and if I can use aftermarket what is a good brand?

ard

Comment

Originally posted by ard
                can I use Versah brand plates on this bike? or is the bike sensitive to aftermarket plates? and if I can use aftermarket what is a good brand?

ard
                I've seen barnett kits on e-bay for GS's, but don't know if they are any good. You might want to also check your springs; they may be weak. Service limit of the free length (uncompressed) is 38.5mm. I'd pull the cover and have a looksy.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

I did check the springs, they are within tolerance.
                  If I need to buy OEM discs where is a place that the prices are reasonable?

ard

Comment

My experience is the high rpm buzz comes from slightly out of synch carbs.

Earl
                    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Shaunt
                      I've got a full Barnett clutch kit in my 1000S.
                      You've seen it run........

Versah and Barnett are both good products. The Barnett has close to 20,000 miles on it. No problems, normal adjustments.
                      Versah will cost about $120, Barnett around $100.
                      Again either one is a good product.

When you try to accelerate, do the revs go up and no acceleration?
                      You said no bogging, just a buzzzz.
                      In each gear it starts to buzz, what rpm does this happen?
                      Same rpm in each gear?

I'm wondering if it's fuel starvation?
                      How's the plugs look?
                      Keith
                      -------------------------------------------
                      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

buzz

Hello earl, Nice doggy, if the carbs are out of sync would the bike run smooth?
                        also this season when I took the bike out for the first time without adjusting the clutch properly, (I don't know if there is a such thing) it slipped every time I rolled the throttle hard at medium speed around 40-50 mph, by adjusting the clutch it resolved that part, that is why I am doubting the clutch, if I need to buy new clutch discs; what would be your suggestion OEM or Aftermarket?

Ard

Comment

buzz

Hello Earl, Nice doggy, if the carbs are out of sync would the bike run smooth?
                          also this season when I took the bike out for the first time without adjusting the clutch properly, (I don't know if there is a such thing) it slipped every time I rolled the throttle hard at medium speed around 40-50 mph, by adjusting the clutch it resolved that part, that is why I am doubting the clutch, if I need to buy new clutch discs; what would be your suggestion OEM or Aftermarket?

Ard

Comment

buzz

Hi Keith, thank you for the input, I have not checked the plugs yet, it is a good suggestion, as for the buzzing I am going to ride the bike today and pay more attention to the rpm. I think it does it at the same rpm, I am not sure, I will try it today, and let you know.

ard

Comment

Originally posted by ard
                              Hi Keith, thank you for the input, I have not checked the plugs yet, it is a good suggestion, as for the buzzing I am going to ride the bike today and pay more attention to the rpm. I think it does it at the same rpm, I am not sure, I will try it today, and let you know.

ard
                              If it happens at the same power say 5000 rpm, when the motor starts to really breathe and horsepower starts to come on, and tourque is going away, it's the clutch slipping.
                              And if uit stops accelerating that clutch is now good for a beer coaster.
                              If it;'s slipping tha tbad, it may be sheering the fober off it.
                              If so hopefully the oil filter is catching it.
                              If the steel plates are different colors, like heat cycled metal, change them also.
                              Keith
                              -------------------------------------------
                              1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                              2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
                              X