No announcement yet.

buzzzzzzzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clutch does not seem like the likely source. Wouldn't it would slip from a standing start more likely than a 60 MPH roll-on?

The way you describe, it sounds related to RPM. At a certain speed, your engine gets rough and won't generate more torque. This could be a lot of things. My first thought like Earls, is carbs. Besides needing synching, maybe they are fuel starved at higher RPMs. Do you have after market exhaust/intake items? What do your plugs look like after a high speed run?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingace
      The clutch does not seem like the likely source. Wouldn't it would slip from a standing start more likely than a 60 MPH roll-on?

The way you describe, it sounds related to RPM. At a certain speed, your engine gets rough and won't generate more torque. This could be a lot of things. My first thought like Earls, is carbs. Besides needing synching, maybe they are fuel starved at higher RPMs. Do you have after market exhaust/intake items? What do your plugs look like after a high speed run?

Hi Flyingace, as Earl and you point out I will start with sniffing the oil first, regardless I will check the Valve clearences, then look for fuel starvation, but how do you check for fuel starvation? any ideas?.

ard

Comment

Working...
      X