Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a pic of a stock Suzuki petcock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a pic of a stock Suzuki petcock?

Mine is a 79 gs1000l but I'm sure other's are similiar. The reason I ask is from my understanding the petcock should have 4 settings. OFF, RUN, RES(erve), and PRI(me). Mine only has 2, RES and RUN. I'm trying to figure out if mine's been replaced. Thanks

There is no OFF setting on any of the vacuum petcocks. OFF and RUN are the same setting. The petcock opens by vacuum, which is only present if the engine is turning over. 79 should have PR (prime), R (run), and RES (reserve).
    To get a look at the various configurations used on GS's, you can go to
    CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

They show pictures of all the suzuki applications.

Earl

Originally posted by gotjeepzj
    Mine is a 79 gs1000l but I'm sure other's are similiar. The reason I ask is from my understanding the petcock should have 4 settings. OFF, RUN, RES(erve), and PRI(me). Mine only has 2, RES and RUN. I'm trying to figure out if mine's been replaced. Thanks
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Mine isn't in any of those pictures. It says fuel at top, res towards front, and run straight down, but no prime.

Comment

If it's stock, again IF, prime will be pointing right or the lever towards the front of the bike the arrow pointing to the back of the bike.
        Is it a "short" lever or no lever on it?
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Here's a stock one on e-bay that shows how it looks pretty well...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...spagenameZWDVW
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Reserve, On, prime.

Comment

Check here for what was stock on a 79 1000L http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

Terry

Comment

Great site! It looks similiar to what 8trackmind posted, but the side that should read prime is completely flush. It doesn't have the step out like the res does

Comment

Mine's the same way on my 1980 GS550E. There is a run and res position only. I assume the petcock is after market or something. For me, prime has been... pull vacuum line off carburetors and suck.

So you can see, priming my carbs literally sucks. I hope someone can tell me, I'm missing something here. The petcock only moves into the two positions.
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-15-2006, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X