Difficulty with engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty with engine

Hello all. I am working on a 78 gs750 and i am having trouble getting the cylinders to come off the base of the engine. Any one have a suggestion for getting the two apart.

A rubber mallet has always worked for me for breaking the seal on the base gasket. Rap the cylinder on the front right corner, then rear left, right rear and then front left. Keep tapping around and around. Dont try to drive it up in one whack, just progressiverly loosen it.

Earl

Originally posted by corvid
    Hello all. I am working on a 78 gs750 and i am having trouble getting the cylinders to come off the base of the engine. Any one have a suggestion for getting the two apart.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I think there's a bolt between the front 2 cylinders that needs to come out also.

Comment

The only bolt I know of is the one between the 2,3 cylinders holding the cylinder head to the barrels. (the bolt is only visable if youre on the floor, on your back, looking at the underside of the head) Once the cylinder head is off, the barrels should slide right off the studs.

Earl ????

Originally posted by hungryman
        I think there's a bolt between the front 2 cylinders that needs to come out also.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

thanx for the help

Comment

Working...
          X