Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 GS550E carb settings, cant find any info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS550E carb settings, cant find any info.

hey all,
    Just picked up a 78 GS550E in great shape. I got it from a local shop who 'repaired' it, then customer abandoned it. Anyway, in fixing the 'repairs', i need to set the pilot fuel and air screws, I can't find any info on this as apparently these were capped of and 'preset' by factory. The bike is BONE DEAD STOCK and runs well, only hase 5700 miles on it, but i suspect the pilot circuit is a bit lean. Can I get a baseline setting for the fuel screws(up near the motor) and the pilot airscrews near the airbox?
    Thanks.
    -mark :-D

heres a pic of the 'new' bike. Sidecovers due to arrive today.

BUMP.
    i LOOKED IN THE ARCHIVES, SEARCHED, AND FOUND NOTHING REAL DEFINATIVE..EXCEPT A A BROKEN LINK TO A TOPIC ....HELP...

Comment

First off, when adjusting air and especially fuel pilot screws, CAREFULLY seat the screws... else you'll break a tip off into the carb body.

Start with the air screws at 1.5 screws out and the fuel pilot screws (bottom of the carb bowl) at 3/4 turn out.

~Adam

Comment

got er dialed in, thanks for the starting point. I'm at 1 turn out on the fuel screws and 1 7/8th on the air screw.. runs much better down low.
        \\/

thanks again!
        -m

Comment

Awesome. Glad it was that easy!

Comment

Working...
          X