halleluyah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

halleluyah

well forum members, my search for `80 gs750 parts has been greatly relieved by my aquisition of an air cleaner housing for the above bike. i was really worried i wouldn't find one of these and i'd have to install K&N's and re-jet- ugh!! so i'm happy now but i'm wondering about the replacement K&N filter that came in the housing. should i keep it or go with a standard paper element from the suzuki parts man. can the K&N be cleaned with compressed air and re-oiled with something around the garage? or should i buy the K&N kit? any thoughts would be welcome.

Go with the original paper element from Suzuki, I say. Others around here will declare the K&Ns to be fine.

Recently (two or three weeks back?) we hacked this very subject around in a thread here on the GS Resources. Do a quick search and I'm sure you'll find it. You'll get both sides of the argument that way.

If you decide to run with the K&N, you should clean it and re-oil with the K&N gear. You'll find the relevant info. for how to do this on their website.

Mike.

Comment

i prefer the k&n filters but thats just my opinion.but if you are going to use the k&n you should use the k&n recharge kit to clean and oil it.have a good one.cant wait for the warm weather to get here.

Comment

halleluyah

yeah, i think i'll keep the K&N filter and buy the proper kit. i reckon i'll save in the long run anyway by not having to buy paper filters. well the ol' girl's just about ready to be re-assembled and shined up. but now i need a petcock. i have the original but it doesn't work ( no flow, even with vacuum applied ) when i take it apart i see no gasket or o-rings like certain o.e.m. diagrams indicate so i think it's been messed with previously. any thoughts on a good supplier in canada? buying from the U.S. is ok, but the shipping charges can be steep.

Comment

Working...
        X