82 GS750 Seat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS750 Seat Question

I have a T model...I bought it with a strange seat that came from Lord know what and now I'm thinking of reverting back to what it's supposed to be but I have a feeling that I am missing some of the "hooks" and stuff that the stock seat would hook onto. I also don't see where a locking mechanism would be for the seat - they must have had one no?

Here's a pick of the seat on there now:

So does anyone have a pic (manual, personal etc) that shows what a stock seat hooks into so I can see if I have a bigger problem than just the lack of the proper seat?.

Also, it's missing the bracket that holds the tank down - a pic of that would be nice as well. Looks like I will have to make one - local boneyards have nothing.

~I've looked in my manual and I don't see anything helpful so I thank you in advance~

Kevin

Comment

Why do you want to replace the seat that's on it? It looks cool. Is it uncomfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by smithbm
        Why do you want to replace the seat that's on it? It looks cool. Is it uncomfortable?
        It's not really uncomfortable but it doesn't really fit the bike - especially up near the tank. Perhaps I could build a "platform" for it to sit on or something. Do some metalwork with sides kind of thing so there's no empty spaces.

It's only attached to the bike by a bolt at the back of the seat, so there's nothing holding it in the front - it just swings side to side kind of thing.

I'm really not sure what I'm gonna do - it'll be a bit of a pain getting all the stock seat hardware together so maybe I'll try and make the seat I have fit the bike better.

BTW - Thanks for the pic beby - I think there must be "hooks" on the frame that the seat slides into on the one side though?? I think those have been ground off by someone...lol
        Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I just saw another picture of your seat. You're right, it doesn't really look like it fits on that bike from the other angle. If I remember correctly, there is a hook on the underside of the stock seat that slides under the retainer on the tank mount (part #7 in the diagram). The back of the seat has an integral lock which mates with part #11. As far as I know, all of these parts are "bolt on". You should be able to get them off of a junker.

Comment

Originally posted by smithbm
            You should be able to get them off of a junker.
            Not around here - I might have to try some larger centres like Calgary or Winnipeg or something...

Comment

You can still get parts for the T models from the suzuki dealers. I've replaced some of my tank and seat bolts and brackets.So if you have a suzuki dealer near you thats where I would start.

Comment

Originally posted by tracy borchert
                You can still get parts for the T models from the suzuki dealers. I've replaced some of my tank and seat bolts and brackets.So if you have a suzuki dealer near you thats where I would start.
                Thanks...I'll take a peek and see what they can do

Comment

Working...
                X