Gasket Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasket Kit

Hi, I picked up a gasket set from my local bike shop for only $4 during a sale they had to get rid of obsolute parts. The part number is 11400-45853. The shop didn't know what bike it was for. I have a 80 gs850g. Does anyone know what bike this kit is for? It included 4 exhaust gaskets that are the right size for my bike and by the way which I payed about $9 a piece for a month ago. DOH! Thanks for your help, Ted

It's for a 1980 GS750E. I don't know if it will work for any others.

Comment

According to my part number cross-reference it's for the following:

1980 GS750ET
      1980 GS750LT
      1981 GS750LX

Comment

Many of the bits and pieces and gaskets in the 750 kit will fit your 850. Which ones, I'm not sure. Probably the valve cover and breather gaskets, and possibly the case gaskets and oil pan gasket. I'm not sure if the head gaskets are the same, but they might be.

You'll want to match up the parts first to be sure. Any way you slice it, you got your four bucks worth!
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

80-82 GS750 is 4 valve, 850 is 2 valve will not fit things like the ex gaskets
          as you have found, stator cover maybe a few other smaller parts are common

Comment

Thanks, after comparing the gaskets from the kit to my engine it looks like the side cover gaskets are different. I would assume the head and base gasket are different too. Ted

Comment

Does anyone have the part number for gasket kit of a 1980 gs850g? There were other gasket kits in the box and I'II go back with the right part number to see if they have one. Thanls again Ted

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                80-82 GS750 is 4 valve, 850 is 2 valve will not fit things like the ex gaskets
                as you have found, stator cover maybe a few other smaller parts are common
                Ah, I had the earlier 750 in mind for some reason, from which the 850 engine was developed.

Never mind...
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

The software I have shows a whole series for the 1980 850G, 11401-4582x where x is anything from 0-9. It also shows 11402-45840. If you can find any of those they should fit. I have no idea what the difference between them is. Either way you should be able to get your money's worth - Bike Bandit shows them selling for $196

Comment

Working...
                  X