Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sh532-12

Hey guys,

I just purchased a SH532-12 from a 1982 CM450 to replace my r/r for my 1983 GS550e. Just wanted to make sure it would work before I put a crater in my bike. From what I've read it SHOULD work and I don't really see why it WOULDN'T, just wanted to check with the experts :P. I'm pretty sure I've got this straight on how to wire it but if you could give me some tips that'de be awesome.

three yellow wires -> stator output
    green wire -> ground
    red wire -> positive battery lead
    black wire -> live circuit

any tips would be great.

Thanks again.

That's correct!

Just to clarify, a "live" circuit (+12V, black wire) should be one that is live only when the key is on.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Easy -- Hook it into the brake light switch, make sure to use the hot side

Comment

The reason why it's so easy to hook it into the brake light circuit for the sense wire (that needs +12v when the bike is on) is because all you need is some bullet connectors. Get some 18ga bullet connectors and a crimper, and make a "Y" with two female and one male connector (male power connectors should point toward the power source whenever possible!). It's best if you can solder into the bullet connectors. Unplug the orange/brownstripe wire that belongs to the rear brake light switch, plug in your "Y", and plug your r/r into one and the brake light into the other female bullet connector. On the GS1100GL I have, the brake light wire connections are inside a floppy rubber tube with a bunch of female bullet connectors coming from the wiring harness and plugs coming from the rear and middle part of the bike.

One of these days someone should unite all the info in the various rectifier threads into a single comprehensive article. Maybe I'll do this when I have my bike's electrical system back on its feet....

Comment

Working...
        X