Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble getting started 1st time in morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question on this matter, when starting it should the petcock be in the prime position or the normal run position??

Comment

Originally posted by danrpat
      Another question on this matter, when starting it should the petcock be in the prime position or the normal run position??
      If the bowls were empty, you should prime first. If the bowls are at normal level, you don't need to prime.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Well this morning, put the choke on and used no throttle and it cranked a little bit, took about four tries and she fired up. Guess I will richen the mixture screws a tad bit more this weekend and see what happens. Thanks again for all the information and ideas. Looks like another bug out of the machine. Man this thing is wicked fast compared to my old 750!!!\\/ \\/

Comment

In my opinion, if you go up a size, on the pilot jets, the bike will start easier & you won't need to use the choke near as much. Some think it will make the bike run too rich, but what I've found is you won't see any difference, anywhere, except for easier starting. I've thought about going up two sizes, to see if there would be any ill affects, but never did.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

So, were do you get the new jets and what information do I need to provide? Carb model and number, bike year and model etc?? I am going to richen the carbs and replace the air box tube clamps tomorrow. It is still a bit cranky in the morning but not as bad as it has been......

Comment

Need to know the size carb, type carb, and the size of the pilots that you have now. Any good bike shop will have a catalog where they can be ordered. A good friendly bike shop, or mechanic, would probably have several, and would possibly swap with you for a nomimal fee. Good luck, & let us know how it goes.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks for the info. Richened the carbs a 1/3 of a turn and it starts pretty good and is running really good. Got to pull the plugs this weekend and check the burn and see if I got it too rich. Am going to consider jetting the carbs though. I need some other info on other things I think I need to do to the bike since it sat for as long as it did so I will be posting a new thread here in a few asking for ideas from all the experts on this great group. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X