Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats wrong with this picture...??

Howdy,

I picked up an '83 GS450, not in running condition, infact the motor was out and the head was off, there is no seat either and the electric panel looked alittle bare... After looking into it more, I've come to accept that my ignitor is one of the missing pieces, but I think there is more stuff missing. I attached a pic of the panel. Also, am I going to have to bite the bullet and get a new ignitor? or is there any other ignitor from another 2 cyl. bike that will fit. I believe the 8 prong connector hooks up to the ignitor...but im not sure.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

If anyone can tell me whats missing that'd be excellent.

thanx
    mike
    Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2006, 10:08 PM.

I can't see it since it requires having an account on bikebuilders.com. :?

Comment

i changed the link...sorry about that

mike

Comment

Looks just like my 82 GS400. It's definitely missing the Ignitor, what that lower white plastic plug plugs into. I have the exact same connector on my bike.

I *think* the heatsink thing is the Rectifier and the square thing below it that the yellow wire connects to is the Voltage Regulator, perhaps?

The white plug to the left of the heat sink if i remember correctly plugs in to the main wiring harness, but I'd have to check my bike later.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2006, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X