Looking for some needle jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some needle jets

These seem to be unobtainium, but it might be worth a shot.

I am trying to find a set of (4) type 258 needle jets for Mikuni VM carbs, size 0-5 and/or 0-3. They were OEM in Kawasaki and Suzuki 4-cylinder models in the late 70s. I would consider buying a bank of carbs if they had the right jets.

These sizes were never available from Mikuni, and now they are discontinued by Suzuki and Kawasaki.

Thanks !

Fred, I may try and get some of these from Keyster in Japan - the only issue is ordering 100 of them at a time - so if I can get a few advance orders it would help. I just received a set of needle jets for the early Z1 carbs and they work well, so I may expand and go for some of the more popular ones like these. They're a little expensive - as they were specially made for us - the likely cost would be in the $5-$6 each range each (although far cheaper than the Kawasaki price of $20 each...). We might need to get the matching needle to create a usable pair as this series was installed with a few variants in size.

How much of a hurry are you in? It would likely take a minimum of 2 months to get them.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for? They are off a set of VM28SS carbs, GS1000S

Comment

Try (motorcyclecarbs.com) they had pilot jets for gs1000g and they are very helpful.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2006, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Don't sweat it right now. I will try another combination using the 0-6s and see how that turns out.

Triker Bob, no one has these needle jets, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer Fred
            Hi Jeff,

Don't sweat it right now. I will try another combination using the 0-6s and see how that turns out.

Triker Bob, no one has these needle jets, it seems.
            Did you see my post? :?

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
              Did you see my post? :?
              Yep. The needle jet sits on top of the part you have in the attached photograph.

Comment

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8...ejetjpg9fa.jpg

It reads "258 0-4" is it of use?

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
                  \

You can actually still buy 0-4s. I bought a set from SUDCO. But the O-3s and 0-5s were OEM only, and now are discontinued. I have a set of 0-6s and a set of 5CN8 needles I am going to try.

Comment

Fred, let me know how it works out - if those needles don't work, I probably have some spare 5DL31's - they are the needles used in a handful of KZ1000's and all the 29mm Mikuni smoothbores - nice manageable taper on them

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders
                      Fred, let me know how it works out - if those needles don't work, I probably have some spare 5DL31's - they are the needles used in a handful of KZ1000's and all the 29mm Mikuni smoothbores - nice manageable taper on them
                      I have a set of 5DL31s too. Got em from some Brit in NY state! But the generally were matched with the 0-5 needle jets, which I don't have. The 0-6/5CN8 combination was in the 77 KZ1000 (non-LTD).

Comment

Working...
                      X