Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sparkplug fouling

Hi Guys I'm desperate
    My plugs keep fouling after about 5 or ten miles all 4 plugs. I've taken the bike to different shops and spent more than the bike is worth. One says 1 carb is bad eventhough he rejetted it would all 4 plugs foul? They are not wet just blacksoot.I also was told the compression was good. It"s a "83"gs650l. Also does anyone know of where I could get some plug nonfouler to fit 12mm plugs?
    thanks exausted

see if your spark is good. doesnt sound like carbs to me??????????????? check the wires to the ignitor for good contact to start with

Comment

It sounds like you have a low voltage problem. I would compare voltage at the battery terminals to voltage at the orange/white 12v+ supply wires to the coils.
      (check the voltage with the wires disconnected from the coils) I would be willing to bet you're showing 12 plus volts at the battery and less than 10v going to the coils. If so, check output voltage from the ignition switch.

You can clean your plugs by soaking them overnight in a cup of vinegar.

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

plugfouling

Thanks for the good advice I'll try to get them checked out and keep you posted.

exausted

Comment

Does the 83 650L use B8ES spark plugs? If so, find some B8ERS plugs (Notice the R) which are resistor plugs. They do not foul as easily.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
          X