exhausted 1100GLZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhausted 1100GLZ

On many of the larger CC GS 750, 850, 1000, 1100 engines the head pipes all seem to about the same outside diameter.
    Are the inside diameters the same?
    Is the spacing across the head exhaust ports the same?
    Performance issues?

OE exhaust is NG on my 82' GS1100GLZ. Really want a standard OE exhasut.
    Do not want a 4 into1 OR twin muffler graft via Whitney.
    What other OE systems will fit? 850? 750x? etc.
    I realize i may have to fabricate a custom rear mount or something.

thanks

Hi, forget about anything below 1000cc as they will not fit due to diameter. even the 1000 will have to be played with i.e. re-jetted or different air screws as all OEM exhausts are designed to run on specific engines. Your best bet would be to have an exhaust custom made in stainless steel,they cost us 500GBP around $1300 but look the real thing and last for life.Failing that,keep looking on fleabay or searching breaker yards as a decent set will turn up, Good luck,Dave.

Comment

On my GS1100GL

On my GS1100GL the pipes say GS1000L so they are the same for the 1000 and 1100 Ls.

If anyone has two they want to get rid of I need the flowered flanged bracket that hold the pipe to the head.

I found a near perfect factory set on Ebay

Gary

Comment

head pipe diameters are the same between 750's up to 1100's (chain), there is a bit of a differance in spacing on the middle two ports but it is easy to tweak pipes to fit.

now the bad part, shaft drive bikes have a wider frame and the exhaust system from chain drive bikes wont fit without spreading the mufflers and then they don't fit/ look right. I have been there and done that.

now pipes for 850 up from a shafty will work.

I ended up just getting a new MAC HTS 4-1 system.

Comment

Working...
        X