which carbs fit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which carbs fit??

I have an 82 gs 850 that needs a set of carbs. I know this bike used the newer cv carbs but am wondering if a set off another gs would work? Maybe the gs 1000 or 1100?
    Can anyone tell me?

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Can anyone help me with carburator info??
    Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

I bet you could put on the 1100 of 1150 carbs, but you may have to modify the boots some. Also the early gsxr, or katana semi flat slide carbs should fit, or you could go all the way with a set of Mikuni RS34 race carbs.

You may find that big carbs don't work well for the torque curve on an 850, and you may actually lose power. If you're going to do some other mods, like cams, valve springs, porting, etc... then it may be worth opening up the carbs, but otherwise, stock is probably better.

Comment

I am actually doing some basic hot rod tricks to this motor (mild street port, ignition, pipe etc. What I'm really interested in is knowing what other carbs will bolt right on to my 850 intake rubbers. i thought maybe 600 Bandit carbs or early gsxr 600 carbs.

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X