cam shaft holders for an 85 gs700e/es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam shaft holders for an 85 gs700e/es

i have a problem i hope someone here can help me with. i took my valve cover off and apparently the previous owner over tightened the bolts and cracked all off the cam shaft holders. thats what the book calls them. well i went to my local dealership and they told me that the parts were discontinued and my only options are junkyard bikes, some body here, or maybe somebody who knows a company with some new old stock. if you can help me out i would appreciate it, i really dont want to go all summer without my bike. thank you in advance. you can e-mail me at sk1391@msn.com

unfortunatly he didn't give you all the information.

you can not get the holders seporatly, they are machined to the head are matched to the head, they cant be interchanged between heads.

you have to replace the entire head, and the head is no longer available from Suzuki.

you are in luck though, I found one listed on E-bay, better jump on it while you can, this dont come up often..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

You can check with Bike Bandit.com. They sell OEM parts. That is where I go when I have a hard to find item. They have never let me down yet.

The Beast

Comment

You're going to have a hard time finding anyone that will sell you the cam caps by themselves. Best bet is to watch Ebay for a used head.

Comment

well bike bandit doesnt offer it (the head) and i thank you guys, i didnt know they were matched to the head so i got the head off of e-bay. i dont think im going to beat that price. thanks guys. thank god for thegsresources.com

Comment

Originally posted by seann
            well bike bandit doesnt offer it (the head) and i thank you guys, i didnt know they were matched to the head so i got the head off of e-bay. i dont think im going to beat that price. thanks guys. thank god for thegsresources.com
            did you get good deal on it?
            not that it matters, those heads don't come up often, very good timing that your need came when one was available.

Comment

Originally posted by seann
              I've replaced just the caps with used ones from a head I got off Ebay with no problems. Unless you just have the urge to have the head freshened up and replace the entire assembly you can likely get away with just replacing the upper half of the bearings (caps).

Comment

Working...
              X