Balancing 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balancing 101

So, I was able to aquire some Flow meters off a piece of equipment from work thinking that I will be able to use them to balance my carbs (free is much better that 95 bucks for a carbtune). My question is this... Can I use flow? I have a bone stock 82 650L. I know that a manometer measures vaccum pressure, and a flow meter will measure how air is going through the engine. I don't care about absolute readings cuz I'm just trying to make them equal, right? Any info here will be appreiciated. Thanks

Somebody makes a meter like the one you re talking about which is used to set up carbs. Cant think of who. You can do that.
    EULC ON

Comment

Vacuum is just an indirect way of reading flow.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Pretty much what I thought, but I wanted to confirm. Sometimes me being cheap gets in the way of really doing whats best for my projects.

Comment

Won't you need to sync. the flow meters to each other somehow, before syncing the carbs?

Comment

Syncing on the engine vacuum betwen the carbs and head is better because you are adjusting the throttle plates and that is reflected in the vacuum you see.
            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
            X