Service Manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Manuals

I was looking on Ebay and I was wondering if anyone has these 2 manuals and if they are worth purchasing?

850 Technical Bulletin, 70 pages #138

750 service manual ?? pages.

How about the Chilton, Clymer or Hanes manuals?

manuals!

I wouldn't buy a Clymer or Haynes, if I were you! Only out necessity! I did. I get the Clymer, till I could find the service manual from Suzuki! The one you see there, the GS750! I have the exact one! It has 267 pages & is so much better than both of the others, it isn't even in the same ball park as Suzuki! If you know anything about auto manuals, then the one from Suzuki is like "Motor" manuals. compared to "Haynes" or "Chilton" manuals! No comparison-PERIOD! So if I were you, hands down, I'd get the Suzuki with out bat'n'eye! Hope I could help! How much was it anyway?

Comment

$20 for the 750 manual, but I need the 850 service manual. I don't know what's in the upper one, looks like a addendum to the "real" service manual. They want $50 for the 850 manual. :shock:

Old service manuals are hard to find...

Comment

Manual!

Man! That seems like a lot to me! But I guess your right about being hard to find! Have you tried 'www.amazon.com' for a used one? IO wish you luck! I couldn't tell you what all that's in my book would fit yours, or you could just use most of that book for yours. Ha! Good luck!

Comment

I would try to acquire both the factory manual and either the clymer or haynes manual. The factory manual will probably be your primary resource, but the clymer/haynes manuals will have more repair options for the home mechanic because they don't assume that you have every single Suzuki factory tool to do all the jobs.

Also, I just had to repair the secondary output shaft on my 1100G and the factory manual stated that I had to have the engine removed and cases split to repair this item while the clymer manual explained how I could do it by just loosening 4-5 bolts in my case and removing the swingarm.

-J
          16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
          13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
          78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
          Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
          02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
          12 Aprilia Shiver 750
          82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

The 850 manual I think is just updates for the new models. to the original 850 manual So you would need both ???
            I paid $10 for my fact 850 manual. It has great pictures & diagram, I can't read it, it's in French.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2006, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Manuals!

To J; You are right to say that using more than 1 manual, would be the best way to go, no doubt! But if I were to have just the 1 book, I would still prefer the Suzuki over any of the others! I to have 2 different books, to try'n make as much sense of the job ahead as I can!!!!!

Comment

I need a Suzuki service manual for a 1981 GS 750 E, 16 valve Suzuki. Trying to help my son out on his bike he just picked up. It looks almost the same as my 1981 GS 11000EX 16 valve bike. Head lite, fuel tank, and all. Please advise and thanks. Terry.
                1980 Suzuki GS550E, 1981 Suzuki GS 1100EX all stock, 1983 Suzuki GS 1100EX modified, 1985 GS1150E, 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1971 Kawasaki Mach lll 500 H1, 1973 Kawasaki Mach lV 750 H2.

Comment

My other post had this for a link... $30 but it's backordered, so I don't know how long it will be before they get more... ](*,)

Comment

Working...
                  X