Fuel Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Problems

So I reassembled my bike last night after a cylinder hone, rebuilt head, cleaned carbs etc... I went to go fire it up this afternoon and there is a fairly significant fuel leak from the center fuel tee. It appears to be leaking from the the carb side not the fuel hose side. Now I would just order another Tee but it appears to be a discontinued part. What can I do to stop it from leaking. I'm going to try and redo the fuel hose connection to see if it is actually leaking from that but since it was so difficult to get in on there I doubt that is what it is. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Might just be the rubber o-rings on the tee. You could try replacing those. If it's the tee else, Motorcycle Carbs sells a brass replacement. It's a bit pricey at $39 but it's the only one I've found and it comes with all the o-rings. http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Fuel_Tee_W89.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by bj
      Might just be the rubber o-rings on the tee. You could try replacing those. If it's the tee else, Motorcycle Carbs sells a brass replacement. It's a bit pricey at $39 but it's the only one I've found and it comes with all the o-rings. http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Fuel_Tee_W89.cfm
      Its the type w/o orings, it just has raised rubber sections which looked fine when I had everything apart. I guess they are just a little too worn... Ill take a look at the tee from motorcycle carbs... $39 is pretty steap but it may be my only option. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Several options:

Liquid electrical tape - clean and apply a thin coat of the liquid tape on the joints - allow it to dry overnight, apply a second coat and let that sit overnight - reassemble.

You can also use teflon tape (plumbing tape).

We also sell the T's - the part is still available from Kawasaki - the Mikuni VM carbs on Z1 / KZ900 / KZ1000 use the same part as the Suzuki variant.

Comment

Use the original T & find a O ring to fit on it, champher the carb side & your leak should be fixed when it is all squished back together

Comment

Working...
          X