normal battery or problem begining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boondocks
    If after your checking you find that the R/R is bad, you can get a new, guaranteed one at Z1 Enterprises for $67.50 plus $6.00 USPS Priority Mail shipping.
    Ilooked at that r/r and is that a ground wire by itself on the r/r./They refer to it as a single female plug-in.

Comment

I looked at the pic and that R/R will do just fine on your bike. The R/R shown has a black wire, a red, and three yellow. Black is DC output 12v negative and connects to battery negative. Red is DC output 12v positive and connects to battery positive. The three yellow wires are AC input from the 3 yellow stator wires on your bike. It doesnt matter if the plugs match what you have, just use electrical connectors on the wire ends instead. I always do.

Earl

Originally posted by tconroy
      Ilooked at that r/r and is that a ground wire by itself on the r/r./They refer to it as a single female plug-in.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I was going to take the battery box off and clean all terminals and also see where the r/r is plugged into .Mine must be original cause it has red,blue,yellow white and black wires and is grounded to the battery box.Could a dirty connection cause overcharging?I might as well order the new one and get it over with!!!!!!!!!!!What about the three yellow wires on the new one?Does it matter which yellow wire hooks to the stator wires.It looks as though the plug goes right to the stator plug next to the starter solinoid.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2006, 10:49 PM.

Comment

If your bike is in stock configuration, one of the stator wires will be looped through the wiring harness in a lighting circuit. Just ignore those connections to the harness and plug the RR into the appropriate battery terminals and connected to the three stator wires. Stator wire colors dont matter. The are all electrically the same. yeah, bad connections will play havoc with your charging system and battery voltage.

Earl

I was going to take the battery box off and clean all terminals and also see where the r/r is plugged into .Mine must be original cause it has red,blue,yellow white and black wires and is grounded to the battery box.Could a dirty connection cause overcharging?I might as well order the new one and get it over with!!!!!!!!!!!

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks earlfor.I think I will clean all connections first then do the voltage test with the meter and if all is not well I will get a new r/r.I need to get in there and see how everthing works anyway,thats half the fun of owning these bikes!Thanks again for your wisdom and advice!!!

Comment

i went ahead and ordered the r/r.My connections look fine and this has been going on for a couple of months anyway.I would rather not take chances.The new one should be here friday,saturday latest.Stay tuned,if I have any problems I'll let ya know.

Comment

No problem. we'll all still be here. LOL

Earl

i went ahead and ordered the r/r.My connections look fine and this has been going on for a couple of months anyway.I would rather not take chances.The new one should be here friday,saturday latest.Stay tuned,if I have any problems I'll let ya know.

Comment

Working...
                X