Engine weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine weight

Anybody have an idea of what a 650 engine weighs complete with cases and all that? I am trying to determine a shipping weight and I don't have any scale that can weigh an engine.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

bump to the top

Comment

Will a bathroom scale work?

Comment

Mine's too small, I can't balance it and read it at the same time. And I can't hold it while I stand on it, just too heavy. I was hoping someone here had shipped one before.

Comment

If memory serves me, an 1100 engine is about 195 lbs. I would guess the 650 would not be a great deal lighter since tranny is essientially the same, and the biggest difference would be in the finned cylinder jugs and head being slightly smaller. Probably about 180 lbs.

Earl
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Had a GS1000G motor shipped to me. depot pickup.. $175 that was over a year ago. WIth the secondary drive I would bet it weights about the same as the 1100E
            Last edited by Guest; 03-22-2006, 01:41 AM.

Comment

I just had a GS500E engine shipped to me via Forward Air and it was with packing crate only 195lbs. cost me $100.00. From Austin Texas to San Francisco,Ca. Hope that helps you out.

Comment

Working...
              X