brake upgrade gs1000 L '79

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake upgrade gs1000 L '79

I was wondering how to upgrade my dinosaur brakes to some respectables ones, bit more feeling and crispiness as well as improving stopping power considerately.
    I found this ones
    at an option
    What else should I have to change to make them work properly
    Any other ideas??
    Should I look for something else?
    options??
    thanks in advance guys

To install new front brake calipers you will most likely need some sort of adapter IF you have enough room to start with. My suggestion would be to buy a few different calipers and then mockup what it would take to install them.

Of course, share your findings with us.

~Adam

Comment

thanks Adam, I prefer to research first what it will fit and then find out about the results, I will certainly post them!!!
      A friend who's a mechanic suggest to upgrade the hole front end to an anti dive fork of the rf900, but I am concern about changing the geometry of the bike with a smaller front wheel.

Comment

The biggest problem is, they are too wide.

I have pictures about half way through this thread showing some of the other problems.

Comment

I tried to fit a set of six-piston GSX-R calipers to my 1000S forks yesterday and they don't clear the aluminium 'spokes' off the wheel, they also didn't fit the spoked wire wheels on my Katana. This is because like the set you show they have pistons on both sides instead of just one side making it wider. To fix this problem oyu have to space out the discs but there is no room between the fork legs. I do know Honda made a lot of calipers with either two or three pistons on on side, I believe the Blackbird for example has them.

Comment

Working...
          X