Emgo brake pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emgo brake pads?

I need to replace my front pads and it seems like Emgo are the easiest to find, at least two pair at a time. I keep looking for EBC but either I find only one set or they want $35 a side...

I can find Emgo pads for about $15 a side or $35 for both, shipped. So whats the story on them there Non-go pads? I saw some K&N pads on eBay awhile ago too for low bux but they were gone before I could check out the reputation. I know K&N for filters, not pads.

Thanks for the input!

I used to use emgo pads for a Goldwing I had & had no problem with them ever. However I just looked @ bikebandit.com & they show pads for GS550 & GS1100 for 27.00 & 30.00 respectively for OEM pads. I'm not sure if your bike uses & if not, they did not show it for a 750 (I am assuming that is what you are looking for, it's the bike you have on your profile). I would give them a try though.

Comment

www.usedmotorcycleparts.com - links to CycleRecycle2 in Indy. They have Vesrah Kevlar / Organic brake pads for ~$25 a piece or so. I put these on my 1100 earlier this year and they work good.

~Adam

Comment

I like the emgos, they stop my bike
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
          www.usedmotorcycleparts.com - links to CycleRecycle2 in Indy. They have Vesrah Kevlar / Organic brake pads for ~$25 a piece or so. I put these on my 1100 earlier this year and they work good.

~Adam
          If you walk into CRC II and ask Rob for brake pads, he'll recommend two sets of Vesrahs up front, and the cheaper Emgos in back. He told me that the Emgos wear more quickly, but setting your brakes up that way will pretty evenly wear all three together, and stop you as well as any other combo.

That's how my bikes are set up right now.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I usually talk with Rob on the phone when I order things, he's great.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
            X