Jet Kit Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet Kit Confusion

HELP!!! I have a 1980 GS750E with 82 Heads. This motor is on a chopper frame. The air is 4 K&N filter pods with 4 into 4 straight pipes. My question is which jet kit do I use to keep from fouling out my plugs. At this time the mains are 130's and the pilot's are 45's. ( stock are 112.5's and 42's. ). This motor is very, very cold natured.(won't start in the mornings w/out help). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you..

I have an 80' and 81' GS750. I use a stage 3 kit and rarely foul plugs. I think my mains are 146 but I'll have to check when I get to my shop. Also, on both of the carb-racks I installed the air-jet-correctors. (I think that dynojet states that air-jet corrector installation is optional on the kits I purchased). I have never seen a dynojet kit that provides larger/different pilot jets. All three kits I have purchased use the stock pilots. Of course that does not mean that no kits provide pilots.

I suspect you have tried to lean-out the mixture using the air/fuel pilot adjustment scew. If not you can lean it out by tightening it down.......perhaps back it out only one or one-&-a-half turns. I think the kit calls for 2-2.5 turns out. That of course gets you more fuel/less air.

Comment

After reading my reply-post I realize that I didn't really address a major issue.

You know........if the plugs are fouling because of a rich mixture...the bike should be relatively easy to start when cold....cause a super/too-rich mixture sorta mimics what happens when the choke is engaged.

Comment

Thanks for you quick responce. My air/fuel scews are around 2 1/2 turns. I'll close them up when I get home from work. Thans again.

Comment

Working...
        X