How to seal banjo bolt for oil lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to seal banjo bolt for oil lines?

How would I go about to seal this? It is dripping oil when it gets hot from between the casing and the bolt, there is no washer there at the moment. Should I just buy a copper crush washer?

Yes.

Heat the washer with a torch to anneal the cooper and it will soften. This provides a better fit. If you remove the line, ever, replace the washer when you do.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Your Local Steeler (Dealer) should have the Aluminum Crush Washers in Stock.

I got 10 from my local Dealer.

Comment

Aluminum or copper? And does anyone know the proper dimensions so I can look for em tomorrow at work... I don't have the time or space now to take out the bolt myself.

Comment

10mm crush washer

Comment

If there is no washer, it will leak. Also, if you have any aftermarket type lines with screw in fittings, seal the thread with teflon tape. As far as what type of crush washers, they will be 10mm. If your favorite metric dealer doesn't have crush washers... go to your local (cough) Harley dealer. They will have 10mm banjo fitting crush washers there and IN STOCK! If they ask for the application... tell them you have a Fat Boy with aftermarket 10mm banjo fittings... This keeps them from making rude comments hehe

Comment

Thanks for the response. I actually figured out I have to seal the threads on the screw in fittings to my cooler with the teflon tape (thanks to you guys). I called my local Suzuki dealer and they got them for 0.80$ each, so I'll pick them up after work. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X