my shims seemed really tight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my shims seemed really tight

I had bought some new shims for my bike .5 under of what it had. these shims were still supper tight could it of been beause oil in the shim or what. how can i make sure the clearences were right, the motor was stone cold. I dont think it has ever been adjusted but it ran supper strong, will my bike run better after new shims are put in. thanks

What is super tight? If the clearances are still incorrect with the new shims, then NO, it will not run any better than it did before.

Earl

Originally posted by odl777
    I had bought some new shims for my bike .5 under of what it had. these shims were still supper tight could it of been beause oil in the shim or what. how can i make sure the clearences were right, the motor was stone cold. I dont think it has ever been adjusted but it ran supper strong, will my bike run better after new shims are put in. thanks
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I was just wondering if the shims can be that far off. i ordered new ones so i will try them. thanks

Comment

I dont know how far out of spec the shims can be and the bike still run.

Earl

Originally posted by odl777
        I was just wondering if the shims can be that far off. i ordered new ones so i will try them. thanks
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
        X